First Iberoamerican Workshop on Chagas Disease, Triatomine vectors, Trypanosoma cruzi, and Triatoma virus
Lisboa, 13 al 16 de Setiembre de 2010
Centro de Malária e Outras Doenças Tropicais (CMDT) Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical (IHMT) Rua da Junqueira 100, Lisboa - Portugal.
- To enlarge the CYTED-RedTrV platform for knowledge exchange among participants from Latin America and Europe.
- To inform interested stakeholders about the current Chagas disease burden and control strategies.
- To discuss current and future methods and technologies oriented to control triatomines and other insect vectors.
- To inform stakeholders about European and Latin American perspectives, policies and legislation on sustainability aspects of biopesticedes production.
- To get feedback from associations, industry sector, and research organizations about using Triatoma virus as biological control agent.
- To assess research needs and cooperation opportunities between scientists working on human and animal trypanosomyasis, insect vectors, and viruses.